Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spring Training So Far

So far, the yankees have played 6 preseason games. They lost the first 3 and then won the next 3. Here are the scores for the 6 games they already played: PHI 6 : NYY 3 (March 2)PHI 11 : NYY 10 (March 3) CIN 4 : NYY 1 (March 4) NYY 3 : TOR 2 (March 5) NYY 11 : TOR 8 (March 6) NYY 5 : MIN 0 (March 7) I was at the first game, and I will also go to the game against the Cardinals on March 14. On his second pitch, Johnny Damon hit a double, he would also hit a single in his first appearance. He only played about 5 innings and went 2-3. I think he was off to a great start, and overall, the yankees look pretty good this year. I can see them getting to the postseason again this year. With Damon leading off and other great hitters such as Jeter, Arod, Sheffield, and Matsui, and good pitching with Randy Johnson and Mariano Rivera, I think their chances are really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home